Doctoral studies consist of taking doctoral courses, conducting scientific research, writing up and defending doctoral dissertation. Doctoral studies at Vilnius University can be studied in a full-time or part-time. The duration of full-time doctoral programme is four years, part-time studies can take up to 6 years until completion.
Applications to the PhD studies consist of three steps.
In Step 1, until 2020 August 20 applicants submit the research project on the topic from the list of the approved dissertation topics
Research projects are submitted in PDF format by email . The requirements for the research project are listed below.
In Step 2, until 2020 August 20 applicants submit the application documents by email . The list of the required documents:
- an application addressed to the Rector;
- a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card;
- copies of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- a completed questionnaire with a photo;
- a short description of prospective research project;
- a list of research works and their copies, conference presentations, works awarded at academic competitions (if there is any);
- recommendations by two academic referees from the topic of the relevant field of science (candidates to PhD studies in biochemistry have to submit one recommendation written by a supervisor of dissertation theme - see Dissertation themes);
- 15 Eur instalment cheque.
All documents issued in a language other than English, Russian or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation. Doctoral committees can require to submit additional documents which are not provided for in Vilnius University regulations on doctoral studies.
In Step 3, in case of positive initial evaluation of an applicant, the motivational interview with the admissions commitee is held:
- Economics: 2020 August 27 10AM (GMT+3).
- Management: 2020 August 26 10AM (GMT+3).
Interviews are held at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, VU, Saulėtekio al. 9, 2nd building, room 701 or remotely via Microsoft Teams app.