The Admissions Committee will hold motivational interviews with selected applicants the 30th of June 2021.
- a short description of the prospective research project in PDF format (see section Research Project regarding dissertation topics and other details);
- an application addressed to the Rector;
- a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card;
- copies of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- a completed questionnaire with a photo;
- a list of research works and their copies, conference presentations, works awarded at academic competitions (if there is any);
- recommendations by two academic referees from the topic of the relevant field of science
- 15 Eur instalment cheque.
All documents issued in a language other than English, Russian or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation. Doctoral committees can require to submit additional documents which are not provided for in Vilnius University regulations on doctoral studies.
After Step 1, all applications are processed through the initial evaluation, which consists of assessment of the research project and the applicant’s research experience. Candidates are assessed on a 10-point scale by all members of the Admissions Committee. Applicants who gain the average initial evaluation score of 5 points and above are eligible to proceed to motivational interviews.
In Step 2, the Admissions Committee holds motivational interviews with selected applicants. Interviews are held remotely via Microsoft Teams app.
Applicants’ final competition score is calculated as follows:
- the assessment of the research project and the interview (60%),
- average grade of the Master's diploma (15%),
- a grade of the Master’s thesis (15%),
- the assessment of the importance of scientific publications (10%).
On the basis of the final score, the PhD Admissions Committee shall rank the applicants for the admission to the state-funded positions.