Main research areas
The analysis, modelling and management of Lithuania‘s social and economic development.
Specialisation in a selected field of research helps to develop staff expertise. The unity of science and studies, aiming at assurance of reflection and implementation of current scientific research in studies is the core principle of the Faculty of Economics academic activities. A majority of teachers at the Faculty, besides teaching, also pursue active scientific activity in the fields of management and economics, namely:
- Individual and joint scientific research projects, which are presented at national and international conferences, and published in Lithuania and abroad.
- Applied scientific research and provision of expertise upon the requests of state institutions and the private sector; active participation in projective and strategic planning of the state's economic development, analyses of institutional activities and functions, draft laws, consultations for state institutions.
- Teachers and students of the Faculty actively cooperate in activities of the two methodical-consulting organisations, established in the Faculty: "The VU Centre of Business Information and Consulting" and "The Business Education and Training Centre".
Scientists of the Faculty of Economics participate in the implementation of the Vilnius University scientific research project "Modelling Lithuanian Social and Economic Development and Management on Integration into the EU". Each department has more precise research tasks under this general topic. The Faculty of Economics disseminates scientific results in the following forms:
- Annually organises a scientific conference. Local and foreign scientists as well as representatives of the state management institutions and business organisations participate and present papers at the conference.
- Publishes two peer-reviewed scientific journals: "Economics" and Organizations and markets in Emerging Economies", on issues of economics, management and business.
- Participates in the activities of the Society of Lithuanian Economists, provides material support for its activities (venue and public utilities are provided free of charge).
Main scientific events organized in 2019
25th International Panel Data Conference, 4th-5th July 2019, Vilnius, Lithuania (together with The Bank of Lithuania).
The Winter Meeting of the Annual Lithuanian Conference on Economic Research, 27th December 2019 (together with The Bank of Lithuania).
Research grants and awards
D. Tamulevičienė. Young Scientists Grant for 2019- 2020 of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences for the research "Analysis of Costing Problems in Lithuanian Enterprises and their Solutions".
G. Dzemydaitė. A young researcher scholarship of Lithuanian Academy of Science, 2018-2019.
D. Serafinas. Medal of Lithuanian Parliament (Seimas)
- Alan Crawford, UC3M (Spain)
- Alireza Sepahsalari. University of Bristol (UK)
- Bank of Lithuania (Lithuania)
- Board of SME Council under the Ministry of Economics and Innovations (Lithuania)
- Ernst & Young Lietuva (Lithuania)
- Fundacja Adeptów i Miłośników Ekonomii (FAME) (Group of For Research in Applied Economics)
- Guido Ascari, Oxford University and University of Pavia (UK and Italy)
- Informing Science Institute (USA)
- Institute for Social & Economic Research, University of Essex (UK)
- Lithuanian Centre for Social Research (Lithuania)
- Lithuanian Ministry of Social Security and Labour (Lithuania)
- International Guild of Quality Professionals
- IT Summit (Lithuania)
- Lithuanian Council of Culture (Lithuania)
- Lucyna Gornicka, IMF (US)
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, University of Amsterdam (the Netherlands)
- Stephanie Chan, Xiamen University (China)
- Lund University (Sweden)
- Mendel University in Brno (Czech Republic)
- National Audit Office of Lithuania (Lithuania)
- Siena University (Italy)
- Steffen Hitzemann, Rutgers Business School (US)
- Texas Southern university (USA)
- The Lithuanian Chamber of Auditors (Lithuania)
- Torino University (Italy)
- University of Latvia (Latvia)
- University of Zagreb (Croatia)
- Cracow University of Economics (Poland)
- Monfort College of Business, University of Northern Colorado (USA)
- School of Business of Nipissing University (Canada)
- Wroclaw University of Economics (Poland)