Guidelines for 2021 Autumn Semester
- Retakes will be carried out remotely, from September 2nd, 2021 until September 16th, 2021.
- The daily timetable for the autumn semester (which will be further applied if successfully implemented): 09:00 – 10:30, 10:45 – 12:15, 12:30 – 14:00, 14:15 – 15:45, 16:00 – 17:30, 17:45 – 19:15, 19:30 – 21:00.
- According to the decision by Vilnius University, GEE subject classes will be conducted remotely
- Core lectures for the first-cycle students in Lithuanian are planned to be delivered in the remote or hybrid format (when part of the students are in the auditorium and part participates remotely according to the planned schedule of classes). Lectures for small groups can also take place in contact format according to the planned timetable.
- Seminars for bachelor 1st and 2nd year studies in Lithuanian will be delivered in the contact format, according to the planned timetable.
- Seminars and lectures for bachelor 3rd and 4th year studies in Lithuanian will be delivered in the remote or hybrid format. In cases where the study subjects provided for in the study programs cannot be carried out at a distance due to quality or technical restrictions, they will be carried out in a contact manner. This is scheduled in the timetable.
- Additional studies, session-based and post-college studies will be carried out only in the remote format.
- Lectures and seminars for master’s students are planned to be delivered upon the agreement between Study Programme Committee Chair and lecturers, according to the planned schedule of classes, taking into account the specifics of the subject.
- Lectures and seminars in English will be carried out in the remote or hybrid manner (when part of the students work in the classroom, part participate remotely) according to the planned timetable.
- PhD study activities will be organized in the contact format or remotely the chosen way according to the schedule, taking into account the specifics of the subject.
- To ensure academic fairness, examinations, especially for the first-cycle students, will be carried out in contact format at classrooms or the examination center.
- Most of the examinations for other cycles can be conducted in contact format at classrooms or the examination center, as well as in the VU virtual learning environment in writing, in writing and orally or only orally (MS Teams, by recording).
- Defense of master’s theses in January 2022 will be organized remotely.
- Only persons with the National Certificate (opportunity passport) can participate in contact studies. Opportunity passports will be checked at the entrance to the faculty. The University does not reimburse the costs of obtaining the certificate.
Relevant from 2021-10-01 till The End of Autumn Semester
Guidelines for Spring Semester
According to the Resolution of the VU Senate on the implementation of the spring semester studies at Vilnius University in the 2021-2022 academic year (November 23, 2021, No. SPN-67) and the decision of the VU FEBA Council, the implementation of the study process in the spring semester of the 2021-2022 academic year is:
- Retakes of bachelor’s and master’s degree subjects will be carried out from February 4 until February 18, 2022 in the form in which the examination of a particular subject took place in the autumn semester.
- General university study subjects will be conducted remotely.
- Bachelor degree lectures (in Lithuanian and English) will be delivered in the remote or hybrid format.
- Bachelor degree seminars (in Lithuanian and English) will be conducted in a contact manner or hybrid format.
- Additional studies, session-based and post-college studies (classes and assessments) will be carried out remotely.
- Lectures and seminars for master’s students will be conducted upon the agreement between Study Programme Committee Chair and lecturers, according to the planned schedule of classes, taking into account the specifics of the subject.
- To ensure academic fairness, examinations, especially bachelor’s degree, are recommended to conduct in contact format at classrooms or in the examination centre. To ensure fairness during the remote examination, it is recommended to conduct the examinations in writing, in writing and orally, or only orally, and recording it on MS Teams.
- Thesis defences will be organized remotely, recording on MS Teams.