Doctoral studies consist of taking doctoral courses, conducting scientific research, writing up and defending doctoral dissertation. Doctoral studies at Vilnius University can be studied in a full-time or part-time. The duration of full-time doctoral programme is four years, part-time studies can take up to 6 years until completion.
PhD programme admission procedure
The faculty has open PhD positions in the fields of economics and management. Admission procedure takes place in three stages:
First stage: by the 21st of June 2019 applicants shall submit a research project on one of the approved PhD topics:
See the requirements for research projects below.
Second stage: by the 25th of June 2019 applicants shall submit the rest of the application documents:
- an application form
- a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card
- a copy of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements
- a completed questionnaire with a photo
- research paper (if available)
- two recommendations
- 15 Eur instalment cheque
For more information on the documents, please visit: https://www.vu.lt/en/studies/phd-students/admission/application-procedure or contact VU Doctoral Office
Third stage: in case of a positive evaluation, candidates will be invited to admission interviews that shall take place on the following dates:
- Economics: 10am on the 26th of June 2019
- Management: 10am on the 27th of June 2019
Admission interviews will take place in room 403, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Saulėtekio al. 9, Building 2, Vilnius, Lithuania.